Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Last Day at Ammoryiah Primary School

Yeah, I know my last day was a while ago but I've been busy!  Hey better late than never, right?

So my last day as an EMT (previously called LT) at  Ammoryiah was July 11, 2012.  It was definitely a bitter sweet day.  I will miss a lot of the teachers there but I was definitely glad to leave!  It was a roller coaster ride of many ups and downs, but I learned a lot and overcame many professional and personal obstacles. 

Ups
  1. Seeing the girls' English improve
  2. Making new friends
  3. Only working until 3:00
  4. Growing as a teacher
  5. Learning how to teach without many of the resources and conveniences I had in the States
  6. Doing well on both evaluations
  7. Being respected by the principal
  8. Gaining respect and love from the students
  9. Being respected by the Arabic teachers
  10. Finally having my own classroom
Downs
  1. Outdoor school
  2. Not having many of the conveniences and resources that I had in the States
  3. Creating a portfolio
  4. Not having consistent water
  5. No administrative support
  6. Being kicked out of the staff room
  7. EMSA with its way too high expectations and not realizing that these students are learning a foreign language
  8. countless meaningless PDs
  9. Inappropriate behavior being tolerated and not being allowed to have any consequences
All in all I learned a lot and as I continue in the UAE I hope to continue to learn and develop as a teacher and as a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment