Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Travel

Well, I finally decided where I will be going and when I will be traveling this summer. 

  1. Muscat!  OK this really doesn't count, but it's travel and it's the summer.  Susan found a super deal where we get a flight and a room at a 5 star resort for about 1500dhs ($408)!  I am looking forward to spending next weekend at the beach and at the pool!  It will be a relaxing get away!
  2. Dublin!  I am leaving Abu Dhabi July 26 and I will spend 3 days in Dublin.  Well more like 2 days since I arrive in the afternoon on the 26th and leave in the morning on the 29th.  Anyway I am excited about this little trip to Dublin.  I don't like beer, but I will definitely be going to the Guiness factory (or whatever it's called where they brew the beer) to tour and taste the beer.  I will need to see if I can get anything for Ann and Harry (beer brewers of the family:) while I'm there!  I am also planning on touring a castle.  I know I won't have much time, but I'll get to see some of Dublin.
  3. MICHIGAN!  I can't wait!  I will arrive in Michigan at 4:30 on July 29th.  Just in time to wish Amy a happy 38th birthday!  Lots of family and friends to spend time with.  I will definitely be spending as much time as possible with Alexa and Mason.  Mark and Nancy beware I may just have to spoil them!!!  I hope I can get a Ludington trip in while I'm home.  I will have to leave Aug.31 in order to be back in Abu Dhabi before school starts on Sept.4. 
  4. NC!  I am planning a brief trip to visit friends in NC.  I will be there Aug 15-18.  I will be staying at the lake with a good friend.  More beach time for me!!!  I hope I will get to see many friends when I am in NC, but I know I will not catch them all.  3 days is not nearly enough time, but my time in the states is super short.
  5. Portland/Lansing!  I will make a super short trip to visit some college friends in Portland.  I am planning on Aug.7-8.  It will be nice to visit with them and their children.
So that's about it.  I will cram in all the family time I can get in the short month that I will be back in America.  I know the time will fly, but I am grateful that I will be able to spend the time there.

The latest school news - I am so bored!  Last week there were no students at school so I spent a few days working and cleaning and getting ready for next year, but there really wasn't much I could do.  I guess it's partially my fault for being so organized and hard working throughout the year.  I have inventoried the LT room and now I will just pack it up and store the stuff in my extra cabinet.  We can't leave it out because it is so sandy and we're sure all the books would get covered in sand.  It's disgusting.  Our new hours are from 8-1 so I should be thankful about that, but it's still a long time with nothing to do.  We have a couple of professional developments to go to this week so that should help.  They don't start until 9 and they finish at 12:30 so I'll have some nice short days this week.  Plus it's a short week since we have Thursday off due to the Prophet's ascension.  That's really it.

34 more days!

111 degrees here at 4:30pm.  It's supposed to get to 113.

No comments:

Post a Comment