Sunday, September 1, 2013

Details

I was so busy describing the classroom that I forgot to mention a few details about being back home.  Either that or I'm just getting old!

I walked into my oven of an apartment and was greeted by a line of ants in the living room, kitchen, and bedroom.  Disgusting, but not as bad as I had imagined.  I was hoping that I wouldn't find roaches or stinky dried out drain pipes.  So I was happy with just the ants.  I know weird!  I turned the AC on and got out my handy dandy can of Raid (I keep one on hand at all times) and began spraying.  Only after ensuring that the ones that I could see were dead did I begin unpacking.  In addition to the ants crawling all over the place, most of the surfaces were covered in sand.  We had some pretty bad sand storms while I was gone, and even if we hadn't the insulation isn't great here, so everything by the windows, and the bath tub, had a fine layer of sand on them; it reminded me of my years at Ammoryiah.  I wanted to take care of that problem, but I was so tired so once the place cooled off I went to bed knowing that I would have to deal with ants and sand in the morning.  The following morning I did some basic cleaning but I didn't really do any heavy duty cleaning.  I saved that until this past weekend.  Now that it's all nice and clean and guess what blew through last night?  Yep, you guessed it, another sandstorm!!!  Oh the joys of living in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment