Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekend

Just a quick post about my boring, yet productive, start of the weekend.

I had planned a weekend in Abu Dhabi to visit Kisha, but that had to be postponed due to the amount of work that I needed to get done.  I am now planning on going the last weekend in October, which will be much better because the weather will be cooler and we shouldn't be nearly as busy.  So with Abu Dhabi being rescheduled I had planned to go to Dubai for church and then come home.  But after thinking about that, I changed my mind.  I usually don't get anything done after I go to Dubai, even if I come home after church, so I decided to stay here.  I went to the Anglican Church in Al Ain so I could get as much done as possible on Friday.  The Anglican Church is very different from Redeemer, and I could not do it every week, but it is very Christ centered so it can be an option if necessary.  After church I did my grocery shopping and was home by 12:45.  Amazing!  Then I spent the rest of the day finding resources for my non-readers, lesson planning, and figuring out the online component of Reading Street, since that's what everyone wants to know how to use.  I got my class set up and assigned some lessons and sent an email with instructions so the teachers that want to do that can.  That was my Friday.  I managed to get most of my work done so I can relax today.  I'll get some cleaning done and then go to the gym/pool.  I haven't been there since I've been back and with the cooler temperatures it'll be nice to sit outside.  I may also work on finalizing my Christmas plans.

So with three posts in September, I should be all clear for October!!!  Just kidding:)  I'll have to post about my Eid holiday, whatever I end up doing.  Just 2 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment