Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Not me

So, I found out this afternoon, as I was leaving, that the meeting yesterday had nothing to do with me!!!  What a relief!  Evidently it was for one teacher only, but they decided to include all the LTs.  I could have been spared a lot of stress and anger if I had known that the meeting wasn't aimed at me.  I'm not sure how the other LT knew that, but that's not the issue here.  The issue is that I don't have to worry.  Back to normal (whatever that is!!:)

Today was not my last day of Arabic.  We did not get everything accomplished so I am going back next week.  Today Najwa's daughter came and we talked in English/Arabic mix.  It was nice!  I could understand her when she spoke slowly.  I had to ask her to repeat herself many times, but at least I was able to understand and answer in partial Arabic.  I was very proud of myself!!  Najwa was proud of me too!  Then, she made me read.  Horror!  Plus she wanted me to read with her daughter in the room.  I was terrified.  I knew that I wouldn't be as good or confident as I am when I am reading at home.  She told me that she would only stop me when she couldn't understand what I was saying.  I struggled through the first page and amazingly she didn't stop me too much!  When I got to the end of the first page she asked if I was tired and I was!  It wears you out!  So, she said I could stop and I would finish on Monday.  She said the reading was good, not perfect, but good.  Her daughter gave me a 7 out of 10.  I think she was being way too nice!!!  She is still pushing conversation and practicing on my own, so I'm just going to have to do it.

I'm pretty sure I'm headed to Dubai this weekend!!!  Yeah!  Time to get out and do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment