Sunday, July 24, 2011

الطبيب اسنان و الحناء - The Dentist and Henna (a'tabeeb ahsahn walhenna)

This week has been a week filled with errands and working on getting ready for my return home.  Not much has been going on, but I will fill you in about my trip to the dentist (literally doctor of teeth) and getting henna. 

My dentist appointment was scheduled for Thursday, July 20 I went to Ideal Dental mainly because a many of the LTs went there and they liked it and it was free.  They took my insurance!  I guess that's the real reason I went to this dentist.  The appointment was quick and painless.  Yes, painless.  I know that doesn't sound right, but he used some kind of new dental technology and there was no scraping involved!  That was the best part.  He used some high powered laser that cleans the teeth and gets under the gums.  Sounds painful, right.  Well, before he used the laser he put some pain relieving gel on my gums.  Worked wonders!  The laser thing emitted a cool stream of water so it was actually quite pleasant.  I spent more time waiting for the dentist to show up than I actually did getting my cleaning.  See many places close around here from 1-4 and silly me I made my appointment for 4.  The dentist didn't show up until 4:30; 1/2 an hour waiting and about 20-25 minutes for the actual cleaning, that's just wrong.  Other than that it was a good trip to the dentist and I will go back.  Oh, this is the first dentist to actually tell me that flossing isn't necessary it's just an added bonus!  I like that!!

I went and got henna on Sunday, July 24.  Henna is this dye that they put on your hands and feet in very artistic patterns.  They use something that looks like a frosting tube filled with something that looks like mud and squeeze it onto your skin.  After it dries the stuff that looks like mud is brushed/scraped off and you are left with a reddish, orangish, brownish deisgn on your hands and/or feet.  I wasn't going to get my feet done, but I decided against it.  Now I just have to make sure I don't wash!  Yeah right, how is that possible?!  The more you wash the quicker it will fade and I want it to be there when I get home on Friday.  No showers for me I guess:)!  Just kidding!



My second trip to Dubai last week was successful!  I was able to exchange the picture; no questions asked! 


In other news, I got my hair cut and colored, my apartment cleaned, and laundry done.  I am going to go and take my car back today and then start packing.  I am just about ready to head to Dublin and then home!

109 at 3:00




No comments:

Post a Comment