Sunday, July 17, 2011

مول الامارات - Mall of the Emirates

Today's trip to Dubai didn't take me to the Dubai Mall, as usual, I ventured to a different mall; Mall of the Emirates.  This is the one with Ski Dubai; the winter park.  This mall was not as easy to get to as the Dubai Mall, mostly due to construction.  Freida, my Garmin, kept telling me to get off the highway, but I couldn't.  I got sick of her saying "recalculating," it reminded me of my trip to Jordan.    We (I went with Susan and Phyllis) eventually found it and I didn't have to really drive through Dubai (something that I am dreading and don't really ever want to do). 

We walked around the mall for a little bit and then decided that we would head to Ski Dubai.  We thought we would have lunch at the chalet.  Well, that wasn't going to happen.  It costs 120dhs to get in the park.  So we just walked around and watched.  There were people skiing, sledding, tubing, and just playing in the snow.  It was weird to see snow in a mall in the middle of the desert:)  I liked it even though it made me miss home.  Maybe when my parents and sister come in March we'll go in and I may even play in the snow.  120 dhs is a lot, but it would be an experience:)

Snow and a snowman:)  How fun!

We watched the winter sports for a while and then headed to lunch and to do some shopping.  I got some souveniors for the Seavey kids (I hope they like them:) and a picture.  I had been looking for a picture of a camel caravan in the desert with the sun setting behind them (this was at the Intercontinetal in Al Ain and ever since I saw it I wanted one like it) and I hadn't been able to find one.  I even tried getting one made, but no luck.  Well, I found one today!  There was one out on the shelf with a lot boxed behind it.  I took one and paid for it.  I should have had them open it to make sure because when I got home it wasn't the one I wanted:(  I was very upset.  So I'll be going back to Dubai tomorrow.  I have to try to exchange it, and they don't do that in this country. 

That was my day!  How was your day?:)

111 at 6:40pm

2 comments:

  1. The Seavey kids will be very excited. They are looking forward to Sara coming to visit them. Their mother (and father) are pretty excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you as well:)

    ReplyDelete