Saturday, August 13, 2011

Relaxing Week

I've had another great week in MI with my family and friends.  It's been a relatively relaxing week, which has been good. 

I was able to get to Lansing on Monday to enjoy dinner with Angie.  It's always great to see her and spend time catching up.  I wish we could do it more often.

I finished my travel scrapbook last Sunday so I began my school scrapbook.  It was fun looking at the pictures of the girls!  They really were some great girls and I wonder who will be in my grade 4 class in September.  I just hope Moza isn't, other than that it should be fine.  Hopefully!

Wednesday was a fabulous day.  I picked the kids up from daycare and took them to a park.  It was a great day to go to the park, temps in the 70s and sunny!  I am so blessed to be able to spend quality time with my niece and nephew and my entire family!  We had a wonderful time at the park and then we met Mom at McDonalds for dinner. 











Thursday was a quiet day.  I got my hair cut and went to get my taxes done.  It wasn't as complicated as I thought since I had to claim my foreign income.  But I was able to deduct it due to not making at least $90,000 or being in the States for more than 35 days.  I will be getting a nice refund which will go towards another college loan.  I will get it paid off!!

Friday I picked the kids up from daycare again and brought them over to Grandma and Poppy's so we could go to the African Safari Adeventure in Ohio on Saturday.  The safari was interesting.  It definitely wasn't worth the $17.50 admission price, but Mom got tickets for $6, and I guess it was worth that.  There were a ton of llamas, alpacas, and deer.  There were elk and buffalo roaming around as well.  They would come right up to the car, stick their head in the car and eat out of your hand.  Alexa loved feeding them the carrots.  There were also a few, 3 to be exact, giraffes and zebras but they were behind fences so it was hard to feed them.  It was neat to be able to see them up close and personal though.  Although I hear you can do that at zoos now, so it's not all that special.  There were camel and pony rides as well, and they were actually free!  Amazing!  They should be since you're paying $17.50 for admission.  The kids were really good and I'm quite sure Alexa had a blast!  Mason enjoyed sitting on someone's lap or walking around in the car while we were driving through the safari (no car seats necessary, we were going very slow).  All in all it was a good day, and it didn't rain like they had forecasted.



I am looking forward to heading to NC for 4 days to visit friends. 

We just had a brief thunderstorm which brought the temp to 63 with 90% humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment