Sunday, August 7, 2011

Family Time

I've been soaking up all the family time I can get!  I have also been trying to set the record for greatest amount of pork eaten in one month!  OK maybe not, but I am consuming a lot of it.  I have to make up for a year of not having a lot of pork and get ready for another year.

Monday was a trip to Slow's in Downtown Detroit with Mom, Dad, Aunt Diane, and Uncle Bill (not really my aunt and uncle just really close family friends).  Slow's has awesome barbecue ribs and that's what I had.  I had a 1/2 rack of baby back ribs, they were so tender that they fell right off the bone; just the way ribs should.  Mom had a 1/2 rack of St. Louis style ribs and we shared.  Delicious pork!

Tuesday I began my scrapbooking adventure.  I had a lot to do in order to finish before Aug. 31.  It was an intense project, but I finally finished on Sunday.  Now I can work on adding pictures of what has been happening since I've been home and I can start my Ammoryiah scrapbook.  Lots of memories to record!  After a day of scrapbooking I was ready for a break, so I met Mom at Red Lobster for dinner.  I didn't have pork, but I had a great tilapia and shrimp dinnner.  Yes, they have seafood in Abu Dhabi and Dubai but not Red Lobster and for some reason I really like Red Lobster.  Maybe it's their biscuits?!  Red Lobster with Mom is always a nice time.

Wednesday I drove to Portland, MI to visit the Seaveys.  It was great to see my old college roommate, her husband, and their 5 children.  We had BLTs, hamburgers, and hotdogs.  More pork!  It was a good time playing games, talking, picking blueberries, and eating S'mores.  It was slim pickin's at the blueberry farm; Andrew and I worked together and got 1/2 a pound which we quickly reduced to 1/4 a pound.  I think Michelle was only able to get 1 pound. 

Thursday I continued my scrapbook and had lunch with Dad.  I had a bacon cheeseburger.  Another meal with pork!!

Friday I picked Alexa and Mason up from day care and had a good afternoon playing at their house.  Mason actually let me hold him!  Well, he fell and was crying so I guess when that happens he doesn't care who is there to cuddle and tell him everything will be fine.  After that he warmed up to me.  We played in the sprinkler, on their swingset, and read books.  Mark came home and made dinner.  There was no pork involved, but I did have an awesome steak and grilled vegetables.  Mark should be a chef!  I took Alexa back to Mom and Dad's (Grandma and Poppy's) for a sleepover.  Amy and I took Alexa putt-putting.  Alexa made it through about 8 holes before she lost interest.  She was the only one who got a hole in one though!

Saturday Amy and I took Alexa to Dominos Farms.  There were tons of goats and you could feed them.  The goats knew!  They would climb on the gate and stick their heads through the bars.  They were begging like dogs.  Alexa had fun feeding them and she even rode a pony.  I'm pretty sure she had a good time.  For dinner we went to Leo's for a coney dog.  A coney dog for me is just a hot dog with chili.  Another meal with pork! 

The weather here has been very humid.  I don't like the humidity at all; I've gotten used to the dry heat.  The temperatures haven't been all that hot, but the humidity is making it very sticky and unpleasant. 

A great week!

81 degrees with 65% humidity at 1:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment