Sunday, June 10, 2012

End of School

Just a few things have happened in the week since I posted last. 
  1. I finally got the exit procedure from ADEC!  Now I can actually get started on that.  It looks like it will be quite intense and involve many trips to the Zone, but at least not Abu Dhabi!  I started today and couldn't get as much done as I wanted to because I didn't have all the information necessary.  I got Ms. Keltham (principal) to sign my form and then went to the Zone to get the signature stating that I had turned in all borrowed IT equipment.  The guy had to make a call to Abu Dhabi to confirm that I had returned everything (which was actually nothing) that I borrowed; took about 10 mintues.  Hey, that's better than driving to Abu Dhabi!  Actually before that I went to Customer Services at the Zone (where I was told to go) and then was redirected to the 3rd floor.  No big deal.  But while at customer service I found out that I needed to have my clearance form stamped by the school and I needed to bring a copy of the acceptance of my resignation.  I had no idea.  That wasn't in the email.  Fortunately the lady there was understanding and there were other LTs who were in the same situation.  So back again tomorrow!  I will get the required stamp, print out the acceptance of my resignation and return to the Zone.  At least it's only 10 mintues from school.  Once there the financial department will start on the exit pay.  Then when they are finished I will pick up the clearance form and continue working.
  2. Weekend in Dubai was not fun at all.  I can only describe it as being homesick again.  The Wilson's were my family in Dubai and now they are gone.  I stayed with Lucia, which was fine, but just not the same.  I do not like this situation at all.  Although I do not like this situation, I know everything God does is right and just and He has a perfect plan. That helps, but it is still hard to accpet.  Lucia lives in Bur Dubai, which is a bit more into the city so a lot more traffic which was annoying, but praise God I got there and back home without getting lost!  I know I will adjust, just like I adjusted to being away from my family the first time.  I most likely will not continue to stay with Lucia simply because she only has 1 bedroom and it is quite tight.  She's being very hospitable to let me stay, but her daughter will be coming in July and then it will be even tighter!  So I will try to find someone else to stay with when I return in August.
  3. I booked my flight home!  I will be arriving in Detroit on July 14th at 9:42am!!  Only 34 more days.  I am trusting God that I will have my passport back and all the necessary procedures will be finished by then.  I am not sure how long I will be staying as that is up to ENS and I haven't heard from them.  Now that I know when I will be in the States it's time to start planning that vacation!  I want to take Alexa and Mason to an indoor water park in Frankenmuth and I know we'll be going to the zoo.  I'll plan a trip to visit Michelle and Angie in Portland, MI, but other than that I don't think I'll be doing too much.  I will not be in the States long enough to travel to visit other friends:(  Sorry NC folks.  I'll catch you all next time!
  4. ENS.  Nothing new since the last post.  I will be emailing Brian, the principal, to find out if he can answer any housing questions and to see if he can do anything about getting me a late flight back to the UAE.
  5. As of my last post the last day of school for the students was June 21.  As per living and working in the UAE, that was changed to June 14 and then again to June 12.  Tuesday will be the students' last day, but my last day is still July 12.  One month without kids, what am I going to do?!  I will be bored because I will not be getting ready for next year and there is no Internet.  I guess I will be doing a lot of reading!
  6. Gotta start packing, selling stuff, and getting ready to move (again!).  Seems like that's all I do!!!
  7. See all you MI folks in July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment