Thursday, June 14, 2012

Farewell Party!

What a surprise!  I knew they were planning something, but today was supposed to be Ashley's party, since she's pregnant and due on Sunday.  I had no idea they were going to combine them!  Neither did Ashley, by the way!  I guess that's why they combined, so neither of us would figure it out.

It was so sweet!  It was a typical Arabic party with loud music, dancing, and food.  I would have enjoyed it more if I weren't feeling so achy and sick.  I think I had a flu bug last night and it's still lingering around.  But that's besides the point.  Everyone was there and we had a good time.  I will definitely miss the teachers at Ammoryiah.  I am fairly certain the staff at Emirates National will not be able to compare with the staff here.  I mean there is only one Moza!!!  Well, there are 3 Moza's at Ammoryiah, but only one "Moza!"  I told them I would come back to visit and I will.  It will be at the end of the year, but I will come back.  I will miss them.  For the most part they are very sweet, friendly, and encouraging.  I will miss the laughter in the teachers' lounge along with all the dancing!!  That's Moza for you:)  Always smiling, laughing, and dancing!  Then there's Osha who always, always greets me with habeebtee Sara along with blowing me kisses.  Let's not forget the other Moza who actually gives me real American hugs!  Oh and then there's the quiet Moza who always says "Hi" to me as we are walking in.  I think she's the only one I can recognize when she's fully covered; her eyes are so expressive.  Hopefully they will let me take some pictures before I leave.
Farwell gift

I got flowers and a necklace for my farewell gift!  I didn't expect anything and they totally over exceeded my expectations.  The flowers are beautiful and there is jasmine (pronounced yasmine) at the bottom of the vase.  I love the smell of jasmine!  They certainly make the apartment smell nice!  The necklace is real gold; it's from Damas, one of the high class jewelery stores here.  Moza (the one who is always dancing) picked it out and she did a good job.  It's not a typical Arabic necklace.  It is very elegant and I will defintely have to wear it, but it's not something I will wear to work so they will never see me wearing it.

It's a long weekend!  Sunday is the Prophet's ascension so it's a holiday!  I will be spending it in Dubai and then coming home to finish grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment