Saturday, October 20, 2012

Update

I know it's been quite some time since I have posted, but that's basically because not much has been going on.  But, I do apologize for leaving a lot of people hanging about the medical issues.  I figured since I posted it on Facebook that would be enough, but evidently there are people out there that read this blog that aren't my friends on Facebook.  So this is for you!

The FNA came back totally clear of any cancerous cells!  Praise the Lord!  I just have to sort of monitor my neck and if I notice anything I have to go back to get it rechecked.  So far so good.  There was just one week when I thought that the lump had returned, but that was all psychological. 

With that medical issue being taken care of I could focus on the fact that I kept coughing and it never went away.  Turns out I had chronic bronchitis!  Or at least that's what Dr. Shirley diagnosed me with since my cough had lasted for almost 2 months.  She gave me some cough syrup and told me if it doesn't go away we would schedule a chest x-ray.  Well, it's been 8 days and the cough is gone!  Another praise!  I think I may be on the road to recovery.

That's what I thought until Wednesday when I had one of my dizzy spells (at work).  Very scary.  I was standing in the pod for assembly and I felt like I was going to fall over.  This happened right during the national anthem (that's when you're not supposed to move or anything), not good timing.  So I leaned against the pole and when the national anthem was over I asked Jennifer to get me some juice.  She brought the juice (which usually works) and Kevin got me a chair.  I sat down and drank my juice and then Gursharn walked me to the nurse where she checked my blood sugar.  It was fine, which I knew it would be because I do not have low blood sugar.  Although I get the symptoms of it relatively frequently.  I sat in the nurse's office for a while and then went back to class.  Probably shouldn't have, but they don't have subs and the kids just get split up and put into the other 4th grade classes where they sit on the floor and do nothing all day (at least they are supervised, unlike at Ammoryiah).  So I went back to class and did my best job of "teaching" that day.  Although I must say that the kids were great!  I think I should be sick all the time!!!  A couple of times I heard one of the girls say "Miss mareedah!" (Miss is sick) to the class and that got them to behave and settle down.  I left when the kids left at 2:45 and Jennifer took me to Oasis Hospital (I didn't think I should drive, even though I was feeling a bit better).  I didn't have an appointment so I knew I was going to be waiting quite some time, but I needed to try to find out what was happening.  I waited 2 1/2 hours only to be told there was nothing that they could do since I had blood work done in Sept. they couldn't do it again (there is a 3 month turn around period before you can have blood work done again).  Who knew.  So I left with some Panadol (tylenol); 50 dirham Panadol mind you.  That is some expensive Panadol.  Not very happy.  I have decided that I will go for a general physical in December when I can have blood work done. 

That brings you up to date with my health issues.

School.  Not really much to tell you here.  I am just trying to figure it all out.  Trying to see how all the "programs" fit together.  I think they have too many.  They are trying to be IB certified (which is all about inquiry and letting the kids pick what they want to learn) and they have Common Core Standards and ADEC Standards.  Too many things and it's causing a lot of stress and headaches as we try to figure it all out.  Then they also have the PYP program which is character based education and I have to try to work that in my lessons as well.  Can you say headache?!!

When I took the day off to go to the doctor for my cough I stopped by Ammoryiah.  What a nice visit I had.  It was great to be welcomed by all the teachers and students.  Lots and lots of cheek kisses and hugs.  Ousha was the best!  "Shoo fe Sara, habibti!!"  (what's up Sara baby!!).  I definitely miss seeing Ousha and Moza and it was great to be able to spend a bit of time with them.  The girls were quite surprised to see me and they could not leave me alone!  There was a big circle of girls around me and they walked me to my car begging me to stay.  Broke my heart!  They were sooooo sweet.  They actually thought I came back to teach them because they are short a teacher.  I'm thanking God that I was loved and appreciated there and I hope that I impacted their lives for the better.  I miss them and honestly some days I don't know if I made the right decision.  But I am at ENS now and God can use me there for His glory.

Eid starts on Wednesday; Tuesday is my last day of work this week and I don't go back until the following Tuesday.  It will be nice to have a long break.  Everyone needs it!  As of right now I don't have any plans other than going to Dubai.  I'll be going on Wednesday to see Cindy and Craig.  They really are leaving (tickets are booked and everything).  They are leaving for Qatar on Saturday afternoon, but I won't be able to see them Thursday or Friday because they are spending Eid with Mohammed and Khuloud so I am going Wednesday to see them before they leave. Other than that I think I'll just play it some what low key.  Kristie has talked about wanting to come to Al Ain so that may happen, but I'm not sure. 

The weather is getting to be quite nice now!  I love this time of year.  Not too hot and not too cold (I know you must think I'm crazy saying it's cold in the desert, but it can really get cold especially in the mornings:). 

In less than 2 months I'll be home for Ann's wedding and Christmas.  Can't wait!  Not sure how I'm going to handle the REAL COLD of MI (better find my winter coat - hint, hint!!).

I think that's about a month's worth of news.  Really not much going on.  Too busy trying to figure out ENS!!

86 degrees at 10:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment