Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to Work

I have come to the conclusion that it is not a good idea to combine recovering from jet-lag and getting used to being back at work.  I'm tired! 

The flight back to the UAE was full, but uneventful.  I was quite thankful that I didn't end up sitting next to this drunk guy who was hitting on me as we walked on the plane.  In fact I never saw him during the entire flight!!  I only got about 5 hours of sleep, but not like on the trip home when it was 5 consecutive hours.  No issues with passport control either, other than the fact that it took forever.  I got home around 10:30pm.  I unpacked, made my bed, and then went to bed!  Thankfully I slept through the night (I typically do) and woke up bright and early (7:30) to the sun shining in my bedroom. 

I got my errands done and did some planning before I called it a night, around 8:30.  I was actually quite busy on Saturday.  No resting and recovering for me. 

Sunday it was back to work and I actually felt rested when my alarm woke me up at 5:00am.   I made it until about 11:45 before I got really tired.  I was ready to collapse.  Thankfully I made it through the day without falling asleep!  Now that would have been a sight that I'm sure my students would have thoroughly enjoyed!!  I had planned on going to the gym to get back into my workout routine, but I was just way too tired.  So I went home and made a few phone calls, did a bit of work and emails and was asleep by 7:30.  I slept through the night and woke up at 4:30.  A bit early, but I felt rested so I got up.  I enjoyed a nice relaxing morning with 2 cups of coffee!!

Today was a much better day.  I think I may be back on schedule and even plan to go to the gym with Fara later this evening.

School wise the kids were good both yesterday and today.  They were great Sunday morning when they had to figure out where their seat was (workers rearranged the desks to install a new bulletin board and I didn't get there in time to get it back to normal).  We had a bit of time at the end of the day so we played Stinky Hat (a modified version of Duck Duck Goose).  The kids loved it and it was great exercise.  I think we were all pretty tired by the time the parents came!!  I truly enjoy getting to play with them; makes my job fun.

I'm praying that the great start to the new year continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment