Monday, January 7, 2013

Oops I Forgot

When I wrote about the highlights from my trip I can't believe I forgot this one, it definitely should have made the list.
  • "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" The Musical - One of my favorite Dr. Seuss books is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and it just happened to be playing at the Detroit Opera House.  Mom and Dad gave me 2 tickets to the show for Christmas, Mom and I went to see the musical.  It was a great day with Mom!  I enjoyed spending some good quality time with just her.  The show was great!  It was super cute and stuck pretty close to the book.  Of course they had to add some things to make it into a musical, but most of the songs were there.  After the show we enjoyed a different lunch at a new restaurant called Small Plates.  All in all, it was a fantastic day!
  • Tigger's surgery - OK this one really isn't a highlight, but I suppose I should have mentioned it.  By the way, Tigger is my cat.  She has been having ear problems pretty much since I got her 6 years ago.  It started with ear mites when she was a baby.  I have always been putting drops in her ear.  It just never seemed to clear up and it just kept getting worse.  The medication would take care of it for a while, but as soon as I stopped giving her the meds it would go backwards.  Turns out she had a polyp in her ear and it needed to be removed.  This was going to require surgery since it was too big to pull out of her ear.  Amy, Dad, and I did a little bit of research and we chose a vet that did the procedure.  Dad and I took her in bright and early the Wed. before the wedding and the vet explained that he would cut open her neck and pull the polyp out.  OK no worries.  We picked her up later that afternoon and she seemed fine.  She ate, played, and bothered Chloe.  Back to normal.  Everything was fine (minus the fact that she was on a lot of medication and it's quite difficult to give a cat pills) until I took her to the local vet 2 weeks after the procedure so she could remove the stitches.  That's all I thought she was going to do.  She ended up checking the ear and telling me that it didn't look right.  What?!  She just had surgery and the vet said it went very well.  Turns out that they didn't remove it all.  So, she had to go back.  Fortunately this polyp was much smaller and he could simply pull it from her ear.  My poor baby:(  From what I understand she is on the road to recovery!
I think that's about it.  Really.  I guess if something else comes to mind I'll add it later:)

It's hot and humid today - 81 degrees at 5:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment