Saturday, November 6, 2010

Weekend

What a wonderful weekend at the exact moment that I needed it!  Kisha came from Abu Dhabi to spend the weekend with me and Cassie.  It was great! 

We went to church on Friday morning then out to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants.  No, not the Family Restaurant.  We went to Corriander.  It's a wonderful Indian restaurant where all the food tastes so fresh.  The service is fantastic and the food is prepared right when you order it.  The spices are wonderful.  I love the curry.  Not too spicy though, just a little bit!  Great lunch!  Then we did some shopping at Bawadi Mall (our favorite mall).  I got some Christmas presents!  Be on the lookout for some handmade gifts from Pakistan.

We then headed up the mountain and since I had bought a new camera I could take some pictures.  They didn't turn out all that good because it was dark, but have a look anyway.  I love it up there!  It is so beautiful and peaceful.  Well, it wasn't all that peaceful on a Friday night, but it was still beautiful.  Nothing here is peaceful on a Friday night.  I didn't have coffee like I wanted to, but it was still nice to go back up.  I will have to take a trip in the daylight. 

top of Jebel Hafeet where the coffee shop is
view from the middle, valley in the middle and city beyond

After our trip up the mountain we came home and just hung out in the apartment.  We had some girl talk time!  It was very nice.

Saturday we had a nice breakfast and then went to the camel market.  We had to take Kisha there; it's just something that you have to experience when in Al Ain.  We saw baby camels that were only 1-3 days old.  Very cute.  When they are sleeping they look like they are dead.  We saw a few that were sleeping and I thought they were dead until a guy told us they were sleeping.  

Now it is time to study Arabic:( and get ready for the week:(  Where does the weekend go??  Next week at this time I will be getting ready for my trip to Jordan.  Well, not really at this time since it's only Saturday and I don't leave until Monday, but it will be a lot closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment