Saturday, October 23, 2010

Emotional

I have been feeling quite emotional lately.  Not emotional in a good way, just very sad.  At times I have felt like I could just cry, and I have.  It's been 2 months and it's culture shock I know that, but it still doesn't make it any easier.  I know it's the enormity of the situation as well.  Don't worry Mom, it's all normal and I will get over this.

I just don't have a break.  Everything I do, think about, or talk about is school related.  After talking to a very good friend at home I believe that is what is causing the sadness.  I come home from work and talk to Susan or Cassie about work.  I just don't leave it there.  I know I was told to and everyone says that helps, but it's difficult to leave the work there and even more difficult to leave my thoughts and frustrations there.  I spend my weekends at home getting ready for school and thinking about the lessons and wondering what changes are going to be made and what demands are going to be placed on me.  I need to find things to do that aren't school related at all.  I need a break from thinking about all the pressure and stress.  I need to leave work at work. 

I have signed up for a Bible study which meets on Wed. night so that will help.  I will be able to focus my thoughts on Something and Someone so much more important than teaching in the UAE.  I will also be able to meet more people who aren't teachers and that should help me to talk about other things and think about things other than school all the time. 

The Arabic classes will help as well.  I will have homewok so that will give me something to do and something else to think about.  The classes themselves will be very demanding and require a lot of mental energy, so that will help me not think about school.

I also really miss talking to friends at home.  I think it's because I'm still working on making new friends here.  I had my friends in NC that were always there and I miss that.  I miss them.  I will have to make sure to keep in better touch with them and not just through email. 

A few bright spots of my day.  I talked to a wonderful friend that I haven't talked to since July.  I had a great conversation with Alexa; I got to watch her play and draw and we sang a lot of songs and talked about Halloween!  She can always brighten my day:)  Mason-Man is getting so big!  Thank God for Skype!!  I got my last piece of furniture!  My Victorian chair finally arrived. I love it; it's so different and very comfortable.  I was planning on going to the Al Ain Palace Museum (I have been trying to get there for quite some time), but my chair was being delivered so I had to be here for that. 

I will get over this sadness.  I pray that God will give me His peace and take this sadness away. 

2 comments:

  1. Time does go on--
    I tell it gay to those who suffer now--
    They shall survive--
    There is a sun--
    They don't believe it now--

    (Emily DIckinson)

    YOU CAN DO IT.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaimie:) Love you too:)

    ReplyDelete