Sunday, October 17, 2010

Moving

No, I am not moving out of my apartment or out of the country.  I am moving classrooms again:(

I spent Thursday afternoon getting my 2 new classrooms almost ready for teaching.  I had a word wall up in both classrooms and the desks arranged.  That's about all I could do because there isn't any furniture in either classroom.  I had my supplies neatly organized in a closet in the room for 3/1.  I was as ready as I was going to be.  Or so I thought. 

I was informed this afternoon (after 5th period) that my classrooms were changed again.  I went to my 3/2 classroom and found a group of 4th grade girls waiting outside with their books and book bags.  I asked them what they were doing and they told me that the classroom was going to be 4/1.  What?  This was supposed to be my classroom and no one told me that I was moving.  How come I have to find out from 4th graders?  And why are the girls moving in the middle of the school day?  Shouldn't they be learning?  So I tell the girls to pack up and they think that they're going upstairs and they can't bring their bags.  We had to have a quick discussion about where we were going.  They did not take this information very well.  Most of them were quite upset that they had to leave their classroom.  Not sure why, other than it's been theirs since the beginning of the year.  After the chaos of having to move I had about 45 minutes to teach.  Needless to say, I didn't get much accomplished this afternoon.   Now I have to stay tomorrow and get 2 new rooms ready to teach in.  But, I'm afraid that as soon as I get these rooms ready I'll be  moved again.

My bag was stolen today.  I brought a bag with wheels on it so I could transport materials easier than loading them in my school bag, and it was stolen.  I loaded it up after 3/1 and took it to 3/2 and unloaded.  I left the bag there and went and had lunch.  When I got back, it was gone.  First it was my stickers and now it's my bag.  I am done buying things.  It's sad, but I'm not going to bring things to school for them to get stolen.

I am ready for things to settle down so I can teach.  When will that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment