Friday, October 1, 2010

Shopping

Oh my gosh!  I just spent 8 1/2 hours shopping.  I am exhausted.  I bought a lot of my furniture and have arranged delivery for this week and Sat.  I got my sheets, towels, desk, chair, mirror thing for the bedroom, entry table, kitchen table and chairs, kitchen accessories and lots of other things.  My appliances are coming on Tuesday.  My furniture is coming on Saturday.  I still have to arrange delivery for my bed and living room set.  Hopefully I can get those to come before Saturday.  I am so ready to leave the hotel and do some cooking! 

Since I have spent a lot of money I will not be leaving.  I am here and I will make it through this.  I am going to win this battle between 8 year old girls.  I am going to go to work on Sunday with a new strategy that I am going to stick to.  This strategy is simple; yet it's going to be sooooo hard.  I am going to ignore them.  Really ignore them.  I am going to tell them that I will teach them if they are going to listen and do what I ask.  When they start talking and moving around I will stop and wait.  I will totally ignore them.  If I have some girls that want to learn (which I do), I will take them to a table and work with them.  I will not yell at or talk to the other girls, I will wait for them to do what I want them to do.  If it takes all day and I get nothing accomplished with a majority of the class then so be it.  If it takes a week, a month or more fine.  I will work with those that want to learn and eventually the others will come around.  I have to hope that.  I will have Thursday as a special day for those that worked and listened all week, while the others won't participate.  I will be praying for strength and patience.  I know God will get me though this.

Stay tuned for the update on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear Sara! You can do it!!!!!
    This reminds me of my 5th grade teacher Mrs Gagnon. When we were loud she would stand at the front of the class- hands on hips and with that " when YOU are ready" look on her face- and wait until we were silent then she would point out those that were being loud and tell them to come to the front of the class and teach. When they would just stand there she would ask them "so you don't want to teach huh? Good I will take it from here then" And then for evey minute she had to wait we had to wait to leave for recess for that amount of time-heads down and slient. And if we made a sound she would add on time.

    ReplyDelete