Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pay Day

I got paid last night!  I just got my salary (1/2 of Aug and all of  Sept. less 5,000 from my advance) not my furnniture allowance.  The salary is more than the furniture allowance so I will use that to get my apartment ready and just use the furniture allowance for other stuff.  So, today is a shopping day!  I get to go order my furniture and set up delivery times and get tons of things for the apartment.  Getting a car may have to wait until Sunday because it's a huge process and they aren't open at all on the weekends. 

What to say about school??  I did not have a good day at all yesterday, even in the morning.  The points thing did  not work with the group that I had in the morning.  Why would they care about getting points when they can sit and talk all morning/afternoon long anyway?  I am running out of ideas.  I know I should stick to one for longer than a day, but it is so frustrating when it doesn't work.  I do not like my job, but I can not let these girls win.  I just don't know if I can wait them out.  Everyone says it gets better with time, but how long do I have to wait for it to get better?  And can I wait that long?

2 comments:

  1. well yeah for payday!!!

    but how frustrating with school! I am telling you- a yard stick on the desk! :)

    What about seperating each of them from their peers. Out of the group setting.... even if you have to take the tables and put them in a corner and take just the chairs and spread them out over the room- all facing you. Or use the tables you have and arrange them, if you can, to only use one side- maybe a horseshoes shape kind of- so everyone is facing you at all times.
    Then you could give points out for participation and have them work towards a special day on a Thursday and make it a "craft day" or "music day" or something like that.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions Nancy! Thanks for sharing. I have tried the separating but they just go wherever they want. I have tried just using chairs as well. I love the idea of a craft day on Thursday for those that behave. I will definitely try that one.

    ReplyDelete