Friday, August 20, 2010

Church

Friday is the Muslim holy day so that's when church services are held, since Sunday is a regular working day.  Cassandra, Lakeesha and I went to Evangelical Community Church this morning.  It was a little weird going on Friday, but who says that Sunday has to be the day of worship?  I'm sure I'll get used to it.  The church is very big and seems to have a lot of activities going on.  Very diverse, but so is Abu Dhabi.  I would say that the service was contemporary, with a little bit of traditional aspects.  A lot of contemporary music, but one hymn and the message was more traditional.  I liked the service, but I'm not sure if I will be attending this church.  Cassandra and I talked about making Friday our day in Abu Dhabi, but we're not sure.  It was just nice to go to church and get focused on God. 

Today I am going to relax and read by the pool and then go to the Palace.  I have been waiting to do this and every time I ride by I can't help but admire how beautiful it is.

We are headed back to Al Ain tomorrow.  ADEC is going to show us our apartments.  I am excited!  I will get to see where I'm living!  Plus it won't involve a trip to the bus station!

No comments:

Post a Comment