Saturday, August 28, 2010

Short post

Not much going on today.  I am sick of the mall.  That seems to be the only thing to do here.  There are plenty of shops, but of course everything is closed until 8 and then it is so hot and humid at night that I just don't feel like walking around all the time.  I do have to get out and experience the local culture and that can be done by walking around and seeing the different shops and souks. 

Went for a walk with Lakisha this afternoon since we couldn't go to the tourist area where souveniors are.  It was really pleasant!  We went to a little park by the hotel and we tried to walk to the mall, but it got really hot really quick so we turned around.

Went to the Abu Dhabi mall this evening with Cassandra and Ertha (she used to work at the Intercon).  It's a huge mall, like any mall you may find in a big city.  We met at Starbucks!  Starbucks are everywhere here as well!  I got my new phone, I will try to keep better track of this one!  I also began looking for appliances.  If I am not careful I am going to go through my AED 5,000 in just appliances and a TV.  I found a little countertop stove that was cheap, and I will probably only get a washer not a washer/dryer combo.  I am looking at the Abu Dhabi Cooperative which is kind of like a discount store.  I will also check Carrefour and IKEA.

Another day with no word from ADEC about moving to Al Ain.  I talked to Anton at the front desk and he said that the rooms are booked untill Sept. 3rd.  So I may be here another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment