Friday, September 3, 2010

InterCon

Today was a relaxing day spent exploring the hotel.  I didn't go out, I didn't really want to get in a taxi today.  Plus, I am running out of money and I'm not sure when I'm going to get paid.  I still have some American money that I need to change, but it's going very quickly with taxis and meals.  I must be careful!

I woke up about 8 and spent some time on the balcony!  I love it!  It was so nice and quiet; the kids hadn't started arriving at the pool.  In addition to it being quiet, it wasn't all that hot.  OK it was hot, but not as hot as it was in Abu Dhabi plus it's always cooler in the morning.  There is a big difference in heat here, it's not humid like Abu Dhabi.  Now those people that say that dry heat isn't hot, well sorry but you're just wrong.  Dry heat is HOT.  It's just not oppressive HOT like humid heat.  It is definitely more pleasurable to go outside because my skin didn't immediately feel sticky, so that's a plus.

evening view from  my room

view from my room











I met Cassandra and Susan for breakfast at 9 and we just spent the morning chatting and enjoying breakfast and coffee.  The breakfast was good, but I miss the breakfast from Abu Dhabi.  No little crossaint (sp??) fruit pastries.  No Suraj to pour my coffee and keep refilling even after I tell him I don't need anymore ("just a little more miss" as he's pouring).  No Michelle to greet me in the morning ("good morning Miss. Sara; enjoy your breakfast").  No orange juice.  I don't know if I'll be able to survive!!  I did have a wonderful omelet made this morning though!  We enjoyed our breakfast/lunch until about noon.  What a great idea!  Free breakast and lunch!  Why didn't we think of that in Abu Dhabi?  I guess it takes us running out of money to think of ways to save money.

The pool is amazing!  There is a kids pool and an adult lap pool.  The kids pool is very cool.  There is a water slide; which is quite popular among the children.  There was always a line when I walked by.


children's pool area
adult pool











Oh huge plus; I was able to get my free Internet service that I signed up for in Abu Dhabi!!  I thought I was going to have to pay for Internet, but they're letting those in the Ambassador Club have free Internet!  Yeah!  I get to save AED 300.

Dinner was a wonderful salad at the Indian restaurant in the hotel.  Fabulous cucumber and yogurt dressing!  Very cool and refreshing.  Fresh and crisp vegetables.  Delicious dinner and I was even able to bring some back to the room since it doesn't require reheating!

Exploring Al Ain tomorrow and trying to get a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment