Sunday, September 12, 2010

One month later

I can't believe it; I've been in the UAE for one whole month!  The time sure has gone quickly.  I am sure it will go much faster starting next week when work begins.

My first month was filled with many new friends and adventures.  It has been exciting, scary, nerve wracking, frustrating, enjoyable, funny, and educational.  It has been filled with laughter, tears, stress, long walks, heat and more heat, and then even more heat.  I have learned a bit of the language, took my very fist taxi ride, met new friends, visited 2 emirates, learned some of the culture, lived in 2 extremely nice hotels, eaten a lot of fruit and humus, talked a lot on Skype (thank God for Skype and being able to communicate with family), went to church on Friday, seen a camel up close and personal (almost too personal for my tastes:), spent way too much time in malls, was in desperate need of money, enjoyed free breakfast, been frustrated by the lack of planning, organization, and my inability correctly convey my message to others, and the list could go on and on. 

I can't say that I have enjoyed every minute of it, but I can say that I am glad that I accepted this adventure and I am ready for the next chapter to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment