Friday, September 24, 2010

KEYS!!!

I got my keys!  What a wonderful feeling!  Things are happening.  It's very exciting, but it's also a little scary.  I am really going to be living here.

Susan called at 3:30 and told me that Nirvana (the travel agency that ADEC is working with) was downstairs and they were going to take us to Hili at 4:30.  This was a totally unplanned meeting; well that shouldn't surprise me based on what I have learned about this country the past 6 weeks.  So we boarded a bus and went to Hili and got our keys and passport.  It was a wonderful afternoon and early evening!  Everyone on the bus going over was full of excitement.  Things are falling into place.  Let the adventure truly begin!


I am on the 3rd floor and right across the hall from Susan!!!!  Yeah:)  We had a little mini party in the lobby of the 3rd floor when we found out that we were the only 2 on that floor (there are only 2 apts. per floor, but we didn't know that at the time).  The apartment is huge!  It has 2 bedrooms and a maid's quarters.  The maid's quarters is really small, but it does have its own bathroom.  So there are 2 1/2 bathrooms!  What do I need 2 1/2 bathrooms for?!  The kitchen is a very good size with a lot of cupboard space.  The fridge even goes in its own little area so it doesn't take up space in the kitchen.  Neat.  The view from my bedroom is of Oman!!!  Not many people can say that they can see Oman from their bedroom.  The view from my living room is of the mall and hotel that they are building and a field with some palm trees.  I will just have to make sure I look at the palm trees instead of the construction.  Now I just need money so I can get the electricity and water turned on and start making this apartment feel like home:)


I got my passport too!  Now I can walk to Oman!  Wow, walk to Oman pretty amazing.


Oman - view from my room

construction of new mall - view from living room

 
my front door



view from living room

3rd floor lobby





 
apartment complex






No comments:

Post a Comment