Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No Money

I am getting a little frustrated.  I did not get any money today. The 36 hour timeline has come and gone.  The only hope I have of getting money this week is that Eid doesn't start until Friday not Wednesday.  Tomorrow or Thursday are still possiblities.

I am tired of shopping, or rather window shopping, and not being able to buy anything.  Everything is on special now because of Eid so there are good prices for furniture and appliances and school supplies.  I tried to buy my bed today (super comfortable and high:) but I had to put a deposit down and I couldn't do that.  So I don't know if I'll get the 50% off that they're offering for Eid. 

I am tired of hearing about the way people are treating Gavin and Richard because we don't have money and they don't have answers.  Yes, I am frustrated and yes it is hard, but I know that I will get paid and they're not going to kick us out of the hotel until we have had time to furnish our apartments.  I have to believe that.  It was especially difficult today and I just had to get out.  I went for a walk and did a lot of praying.  I am praying that God will provide and that I will trust His timetable not mine.  Just getting out of the hotel and not in a taxi helped a lot. 

I am also bored.  I need to be doing stuff for school, but I can't because I don't know what grade I'll be teaching.  I can "assume" that I will be teaching 3rd grade, but it's all up to the principal and I won't meet her until the very first day of school for students.  So I could walk in and be told that I'm teaching any grade from 1st-3rd.  Hard to plan for that.  Then there's the issue of possibly having no supplies.  Which means I could walk into my classroom at 7:00 am Wed. 9/15 and have nothing other than chairs and desks.  Or I could have everything I need.  Which one is it?  Who knows?   I will just get paper, pencils, and crayons for the first day and go from there.  Lots to think about and everything needs money.

I am trying to stay positive and enjoy the vacation.  I love the pool so that's a plus.  Breakfast, even though it's not as good as Abu Dhabi, is free is another plus.  Sleeping in definitely a plus!  Spending time with friends is a plus.  So there are positives!

1 comment:

  1. Keep thinking about the positives! You are doing the right thing! I know that is hard. Especially when you have all this time and want to prepare but without the money in your account you can't. But think about how easy it will be to pick up your furnishings and supplies since you've done all the research already and know what you want. Praying that your money comes in tomorrow! :-)

    ReplyDelete